Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easy Breezy Easter

Made through Easter without too much hassle.  Did some high carbohydrate baking for family and a little low  carbohydrate baking for me.  This helps a lot.   I have come up with a morning muffin recipe.  I find making it in a coffee mug works the best.  It is a variation on the low carb bread.  It tastes great and is filling and full of fiber.. and not too high calorie.

In the mug, - I mix 1 egg( 75 calories)
                           1/4 cup flax meal ( 120 calories.. no net carbs.. about 8 grams of fiber)
                           1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
                           spenda to taste.(more if you like it really sweet)  2 Tablespoons
                           mix well.. if it is a little dry add some water.

I microwave it on high for 1 minute.  I put a paper towel underneath just in case it overflows.
I let it sit a minute then I run a knife around the edge and plop it into a bowl.  

Sometimes I add a tablespoon of cocoa.  This adds 2gs of carbs but gives it a nice chocolate taste.

For about 200 or so calories you have a great healthy breakfast food. It goes great with coffee or tea.

You can try using soy flour instead of flax meal, it has more carbs but less calories.  In this case you might want to increase your cocoa a bit, to get rid of the overwhelming soy taste.   You get a much cakier muffin.. more filling(at least to me), definitely you will need more water, I think the soy absorbs the liquid more.


Its fun to make and really helps with cravings.