Monday, March 26, 2012

Exercise... oh bother

Exercise makes me feel great.. it is get started that is hard.   Finding the time to do it and then just doing it.    I have found a couple of decent routines from Prevention Magazine.   This is a magazine that my mom got years ago.. then if I remember correctly it had mostly nutrition.. now it has a lot of exercise information.   The routine I am trying is "Blast off your belly in record time" - http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/lose-weight-fast-fat-blasting-workout
  The exercises use resistance bands and weights.  The most interesting one is a take on the old fashioned curtsy.   Who knew doing a bunch of good old curtsies could give you a work out.   At least the first couple sets were great.   I find holding the curtsy a bit helps the burn, and it is easy to remember.    The other one I like is the side leg lift cruch.. adding the resistance bands really helps to boos this simple exercise.  Try this routine.. it is relatively simple and kind of fun.