Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Volumetrics or Ornish Diet

I picked up a copy of "Eat more Weight Less" Dr. Dean Ornish.  This is a decent book.  Although I do not totally agree with the super low fat approach.   The book is worth reading.   Basically this is a vegetarian approach to dieting.. he really does not want you to eat even lean chicken.. but only that if you must.    I like veggies but I really enjoy lean chicken.   The book has tons of recipes .. almost 300 pages of them.   I think this is good.. to me it shows he is really trying.

It also talks about the therapeutic issues involved with weight gain.   A whole chapter devoted to the emotional issues of weight gain, eating...etc.    This chapter makes the book worth getting.. especially if you get it at a used book store.

If you love vegetables, fruit, and beans.. and can live without meat.. you will like this diet.