Friday, March 2, 2012

Baking withdrawal blues

Lately I have really missed baking.  Pre low carb, I would bake at least two or three times a week.  Most of the times sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies and homemade bread for my gang.  They can go through more than 6 dozen of cookies in less than a week.    It had been a while( ok maybe just a week and a half) since I had made them cookies.    I gave it a shot the other day.  First I started out by making some low carb cookies that I could eat.   They turned out beautifully.  I got the recipe from http://www.ticklemysweettooth.com/blog/?s=pumpkin+cookies&x=0&y=0   They are terrific.    The batter is a little strange but  for low carb the cookies are terrific.  Doing this first gave me the willpower to make the 6 dozen of cookies for my gang.    If you want cookie give these a try.. you can order the coconut flour from Amazon.com if you don't have any in your local stores.