Friday, March 9, 2012

Cravings still there

Its been over 2 weeks and I must confess I still miss potato chips, french fries and bread.  In the evenings when these are the strongest I have come up with a couple of things that help.   Keeping my hands busy helps a lot.  I do this by knitting and or doing crossword puzzles.   I prefer the knitting because it actually produces something.  Put crossword puzzles exercise the mind a little.   My favorite way to do crosswords is on my sons nintendo ds that he does not play with as much.  I imagine all of the smart phones have apps for this.. but since I don't have a smart phone and this was free..  I also use the newspaper.  I find with my hands and mind busy I don't miss the snacks so much.  Watching TV without keeping my hands busy is a recipe for disaster for me.. just too easy to munch.    So other things to do would be crochet, macrame, carving with a knife.. if you are into that sort of thing.