Monday, May 7, 2012

The Vegan trend...

It seems that there is a trend now with Celebrity diets to encourage people to go Vegan.   The reasoning for cutting out dairy is that it turns a baby calf into a several thousand pound cow.. and it will do this to you.  It turns out humans have been drinking milk for 7500 years...  I don't buy the fact that consuming dairy will turn you fat.   There are so many low fat and non fat options these days including fat free cottage cheese.. which is a great source of protein.   Probably cutting out or cutting down on butter and cream would be beneficial.   I tried going vegan for a week and found that I missed the protein in cottage cheese incredibly.. plus lets face it there are a ton of fattening vegan foods... when I cut out all dairy I am  more inclined to eat those..and I wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

The trend I prefer is the "Near" or "Almost" trend.  Becoming an almost Vegetarian is more my speed... This allows you to eat a little meat maybe once or twice a week even.. and for me being able to consume some cottage cheese is really helpful.

Try the "Almost" trend.. It is a lot more flexible.. and will encourage you to cut out the things that are bad for you... and keep the ones that are good.