Monday, May 14, 2012

Kefir...

Kefir is amazing stuff.    It does what activia claims to do.  You can make your own very easily.
You just need kefir grains.  You add the grains to milk.. let it sit out overnight.. possibly two nights.  Then it is done.  The grains are living things so they need to be fed.   They ferment the milk.. sort of turn it slightly sour.. kind of like buttermilk.   The longer they sit in the milk the more sour it becomes.
To slow this process down.. you put them in the fridge.   After you make kefir for a while you have to do this or you end up with kefir coming out of your ears.

Just a little bit of Kefir is all you need to to keep those intestines clean.   I try to have a juice glass a day.    Folks claim you can Kefir soy milk and rice milk.. I have not tried this..   When I have tried to use my kefir grains to kefir non lactose things.. the end product was not something I was thrilled with..  

I