Tuesday, May 29, 2012

slim slaw recipe - low calorie cole slaw recipe

I got this recipe from the TV show "The Revolution" .  It is a low calorie Cole Slaw Recipe.  33 calories a serving

Slim Slaw

1 bag prepackaged Cole Slaw
3 TBLS low fat mayo(I used low fat miracle whip)
3 TBLS apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons honey mustard ( I used regular mustard)
2 packages sweetener.

In a small bowl mix together mayo, vinegar, and mustard.  I used a whisk and was fast.   Then add in sweetener.  I used spenda.   (I used 2 Tablespoons of spenda since it is what I had in the cupboard) - this is your dressing. Mine was a little thick so I just added some water.
Put Cole Slaw Mix in large bowl, pour dressing over. and mix through.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

The low fat Miracle whip is 20 calories per Tablespoon, Fat Free May is 10 calories a Tablespoon, however in my star it was so much more expensive.   I could use the low fat Miracle whip for other things too.

This tastes great!