Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pizza yearnings and tea

It has been a rough couple of days.  Starting this the first week of lent was not the best idea.   Yesterday was another meatless day, no chicken, no beef, no pork... not too easy while on atkins.    Fish again.  I made cheese pizza for the rest of the gang.   It was tougher than expected being surrounded by that wonderful crusty perfectly cooked pizza.(just got some baking stones for the oven -- they really do the trick)   I survived.. without cheating.  Yeah.    I have been drinking a lot of lemon tea.  It is not caffeinated, I use the coffee pot and  make it kind of weak.   I think had 2 pots of it yesterday.   I think it might help me eat less.. and it probably has a few health benefits.    The tea I used is Lemon Zinger - from the grocery store.  I use very little sweetening.. two packets per 12 cup pot.   I find that this is enough.     Try it, it might help you.   It is certainly comforting and soothing.. the lemon flavor is great.   I was never much of a tea drinker before.. but using the coffee maker makes it a lot easier.   There are so many flavors there is bound to be one you like.