Saturday, February 7, 2015

VB 6 results

While the food on VB 6 was delicious I gained 5 pounds. This caused me to decide that this eating plan was not for me, when you are short and well under the standard 150 lbs... I think you need to count calories...VB 6 made that hard to do because the recipes did not have any nutrition information.

Fast Forward several months.. Lost the weight gained on VB 6 ready to try something more conservative. I love the book by Lindsay S Nixon, The Happy Herbivore Lean and Light. This book has a plant based approach but also has nutrition information as well as is focused on lower calories...yeah. I am doing this along with logging into myfitnesspal and using my fitbit.

I will certainly use some of the ideas gained in VB 6 for vegan eating. I really believe that switching to a plant based diet and getting rid of processed foods..even vegan ones is an important life change for anyone trying to live a healthy life.