Sunday, February 22, 2015

Two weeks - plant based whole foods diet

Well it has been well over two weeks of plant based whole foods diet switch. I feel great. Do not miss meat at all. The challenge of this diet is not eating processed food. There are a lot of vegan processed foods out there... Every day I make myself eat a huge bowl of greens for dinner...if I forget I have it for breakfast. Organic Girl Super Greens are awesome and they are already washed. For lunch I use my old standby Spaghetti Squash. I mix these up by adding different things... Beans, Salsa, Tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, carrots, ..etc all kinds of veggies. Breakfast is everything from oatmeal, tofu scramble, or a portabello sandwich. Sometimes I spurge with rice, quinoa..etc.

Tips for switching to a plant based whole foods diet:

For smaller folks you still need to measure and watch portion size with beans and whole grains like quinoa, rice, ..etc.

Why would anyone quit on this diet ? Easy ITS MORE WORK! Grabbing cottage cheese or a yogurt is way easier. Take time to take care of yourself!

Cooked beans are way tastier than canned. They can be cooked easily in a crock pot.

For now grocery shopping takes a lot longer.

It ok not to be religious about the vegan part. If you happen to buy organic tomato soup and notice it has milk in it.. Go ahead and eat it. This is a lifestyle change.

Watch fat intake..hummus can have a lot of fat and calories! So do nuts.

Getting rid of GMO's and eating more organic unprocessed food is the goal.

If it's too hard try simply adding more plants to every meal.. You will end up eating less of the other stuff.