Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Exercise Progress

About 2 months ago, at the end of November.  I decided to totally commit to exercise.  At least a half hour of cardio a day 5 times a week along with weight training 3 times a week.    So far this has gone very well.

When I started with the Cardio I could only do 3.8 mph walking on the treadmill.  My body seemed to have a tough time with this.  I had to take it slow since my muscles just were not used to it.  I had some major muscle pain.  I am happy to say that in two months I am up over 4.3 mph with a little jogging thrown in every so often.   I try to get in 45 minutes of Cardio whenever possible.    I hope to eventually do more and more running.. this will depend on my knees and how they handle it.

I am thrilled.  My legs are far more solid than I thought they would be after 2 months.  I find that with this pace with a little running thrown in I can get that great exercise spirit lift.   This is also known as the runners high.

 Now my weight loss is not as impressive but I am trying to be patient about that.   I have fallen in love with Cardio again... and I hate to miss it.    The treadmill is by far my favorite way to do this.  On some days I end up having to use the elliptical machine and this is not nearly as much fun.. a great workout though.  I think I tend to go a little too hard on the elliptical..

If you are trying a new cardio routine give it a good two months.   I bet you will see the difference too.
Good exercise music makes a HUGE difference.   I also like doing it at home.. that way I can sing to the music and get as silly and fun as I want.