Monday, December 17, 2012

Simple Low Calorie Snacking Solution.

I notice when I try to improve my eating habits.. I can get incredibly hungry.    Snacking when you are at home all day is a really tough habit to break.   One simple solution I have come up with is when my first snack attack of the day hits I take out an entire bunch of celery and fill the sink with water.  I separate the celery and put it in the water and leave it.   When ever a snack attack hits I grab a stalk or two or three.   This really helps curb those hunger pains.   If I can remember I also try to drink a glass of water with the celery.    Since I am a salt lover I always have some of my favorite flavored salt to add to the celery.

Also I try to put tons of lettuce on my sandwiches and in my tortillas.   This is also filling.   Yes I still miss M&Ms, candy bars and potato chips... but this helps me to feel not quite so deprived.